- Illinois Central Railroad Company (photographer)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
Illinois Central Railroad north from Harrison Street toward Van Buren Street Station and viaduct, Chicago, Illinois, 1896.
- Catlin, Franklin S. (photographer)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
The Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria replica caravels arriving for the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois, 1893.
- View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
Ship prow. Stem timber of the schooner Mary A. Gregory (bowsprit). Applied carved wood decoration in scroll design. Painted green on white. Figurehead in the shape of an eagle's head is attached, 1935…
- Brackett, E. M., Mrs. after Albert C. Brackett, 1827-1896 (artist)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
Oil on canvas. Painting is of Fort Dearborn. Green grass plains in the foreground, Fort Dearborn in the center, Lake Michigan in the background. Depicts the date 1849.
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 (photographer)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
View of the World's Columbian Exposition world's fair taken from Lake Michigan, Chicago, Illinois, 1893.
The on-the-wing detectives, or, Bolly Blair's grand exposition: a romance of Chicago and the Depworth millionsLewis, Leon, 1833-1920View Full Item in Northern Illinois University
by Leon Lewis. Title from page 1. Printed in triple columns. "December 16, 1891."--Caption. Johannsen, A. House of Beadle and Adams and its dime and nickel novels, v. 1, p. 233, no. 686.
- Abbott, J. H., active 1860-1879 (photographer)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
View north from the Water Tower after the Chicago Fire of 1871, taken circa 1871-1872. This is one of a series of views documenting the progress of rebuilding from the top of the Water Tower. The lake…
- Unknown (creator)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
View of the Potter Palmer residence and Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois, circa 1890. The date of this photograph is probably the mid-1880s, shortly after construction of the home of Bertha and Pot…