- Illinois Central Railroad Company (photographer)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
Illinois Central Railroad north from Harrison Street toward Van Buren Street Station and viaduct, Chicago, Illinois, 1896.
- Wilson, Thomas H, Wade, William, Clyde, KitView Full Item in Northern Illinois University
by Capt. Thos. H. Wilson. Caption title. Illustrated paper cover in colors. Printed in double columns. "July 19, 1922"--Cover. "Complete stories of adventure"--Cover. "Leon saw a rakish schooner flit…
- Catlin, Franklin S. (photographer)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
The Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria replica caravels arriving for the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois, 1893.
- View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
Ship prow. Stem timber of the schooner Mary A. Gregory (bowsprit). Applied carved wood decoration in scroll design. Painted green on white. Figurehead in the shape of an eagle's head is attached, 1935…
- Brackett, E. M., Mrs. after Albert C. Brackett, 1827-1896 (artist)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
Oil on canvas. Painting is of Fort Dearborn. Green grass plains in the foreground, Fort Dearborn in the center, Lake Michigan in the background. Depicts the date 1849.
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 (photographer)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
View of the World's Columbian Exposition world's fair taken from Lake Michigan, Chicago, Illinois, 1893.
- Self-made man, 1853-1915, Garne, GastonView Full Item in Northern Illinois University
by a Self-made man. Title from caption. Illustrated paper cover in colors. "October 24, 1924." "Stories of boys who make money." Printed in double columns. Self-made man is a pseud. for James Perkins…
- Pease, D. Ward (photographer)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
Exterior view of Benjamin Marshall residence on Sheridan Road at Wilmette Harbor in Wilmette, Illinois, September 1923. The Sheridan Shore Yacht Club occupied the lower level of the residence.
- Wilcox, Crittenden & Co. (manufacturer)View Full Item in Chicago History Museum
Set of seven unique steel chisels designed for driving caulk between the planks on wooden sailing ships. All of the chisels have the same handle, not so unlike a baseball bat handle and each blade is…
The on-the-wing detectives, or, Bolly Blair's grand exposition: a romance of Chicago and the Depworth millionsLewis, Leon, 1833-1920View Full Item in Northern Illinois University
by Leon Lewis. Title from page 1. Printed in triple columns. "December 16, 1891."--Caption. Johannsen, A. House of Beadle and Adams and its dime and nickel novels, v. 1, p. 233, no. 686.