- View Full Item
Coat of arms: Escutcheon parted quarterly ermine and azure, charged at the fess point with a crescent. Supporters: dexter, a dog rampant ermine
sinister, a horse rampant. Above the escutcheon, a crown, helm and mantling, crested with a tower from which arises a demi-lion rampant holding a grenade. Banner below with motto: A deo et rege.
"Motto: ""A deo et rege"" = For God and king"
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library
- Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
For more information, please contact the Rare Book and Manuscript Library: https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/7016277
- Chicago citation style
- Stanhope. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.library.illinois.edu/items/526a7c10-3fcc-0134-1da0-0050569601ca-3. (Accessed December 5, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Stanhope. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.library.illinois.edu/items/526a7c10-3fcc-0134-1da0-0050569601ca-3
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://digital.library.illinois.edu/items/526a7c10-3fcc-0134-1da0-0050569601ca-3>.