- View Full Item
- Created Date
Caption on back of card: Lantz Gymnasium, formerly called the Health Education Building, was re-named in the fall of 1953 for Dr. Charles P. Lantz, who guided athletic fortunes at Eastern Illinois State College, Charleston, for 41 years. Coupled with 100 acres of playing fields, Lantz Gym gives Eastern one of the most complete and up-to-date plants in Illinois for men's and women's physical education.
Color postcard. Kodachrome by Marcia Levitt. Angle view of building exterior from northeast.
Cancellation mark: 100th anniversary, Lincoln-Douglas debate, September 18, 1858-1958
- Contributing Institution
- Eastern Illinois University
- Standardized Rights Statement
- Copyright Not Evaluated:The copyright and related rights status of this Item has not been evaluated. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
- Chicago citation style
- Lantz Gymnasium. 1958-07-01. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/16877. (Accessed March 8, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- (1958-07-01) Lantz Gymnasium. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/16877
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/16877>.