Old Main, Knox College, Galesburg, Ill. : national historic site of the famous Lincoln-Douglas debate
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Caption on back of card: 'Old Main,' Knox College, was built in 1857. On October 7, 1858 the famous Lincoln-Douglas debates on the slavery issue took place a the east end of this building before 20,000 people.
Color postcard. Linen card.
Partial cancellation mark: and Knox College, 125th birthday
4-cent stamp, Scott 1193: Project Mercury, U.S. man in space, issued on occasion of first orbital flight by U.S. astronaut John Glenn, February 20, 1962, depicts Friendship 7 capsule and globe (A631) ; 4-cent U.S. postage stamp, Scott 1197: Louisiana 1812-1962, riverboat on the Mississippi (A635) designed by Norman Todhunter, Giori Press printing issued on 150th anniversary of Louisiana statehood, April 30, 1962
- Contributing Institution
- Eastern Illinois University
- Standardized Rights Statement
- Copyright Not Evaluated:The copyright and related rights status of this Item has not been evaluated. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
- Chicago citation style
- Old Main, Knox College, Galesburg, Ill. : national historic site of the famous Lincoln-Douglas debate. 1940. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/9630. (Accessed January 22, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- (1940) Old Main, Knox College, Galesburg, Ill. : national historic site of the famous Lincoln-Douglas debate. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/9630
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/9630>.