Popeye, Segar Memorial Park
- View Full Item
Caption on back of card: Statue of Popeye, famous cartoon and comic strip character created by Elzie Crisler Segar born in Chester, Illinois, December 8, 1894. Mr. Segar created Popeye based on recollections of Mr. Frank Fiegel. Popeye first appeared in the cast of Thimble Theater in 1929. Segar Memorial Park, overlooking the Mississippi River, Chester, in Southern Illinois.
Color postcard. Front of card oriented vertically. Photo by Mike Coles. Depicts six-foot bronze statue dedicated in 1977.
- Contributing Institution
- Eastern Illinois University
- Standardized Rights Statement
- Copyright Not Evaluated:The copyright and related rights status of this Item has not been evaluated. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
- Chicago citation style
- Popeye, Segar Memorial Park. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/12528. (Accessed December 2, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Popeye, Segar Memorial Park. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/12528
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/12528>.