I WAS THERE: Marian Shaw
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Ms. Shaw was widely involved in civil rights and social issues throughout her life. She described how, as a reporter for the Roosevelt University newspaper, she witnessed the rioting in Grant Park, including the storming of the General Logan statue.
- Shaw, Marian, Alter, Peter
- Contributing Institution
- Chicago History Museum
- Roosevelt University
Democratic National Convention (1968 : Chicago, Ill.)
Oral history (discipline)
- Audio file: 39:36 minutes
- © 2015 Chicago Historical Society, all rights reserved
For permission to reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use this image, please visit https://images.chicagohistory.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chicago citation style
- Shaw, Marian, Alter, Peter. I WAS THERE: Marian Shaw. 2008-08-29. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chm_oh/id/112. (Accessed November 29, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Shaw, Marian, Alter, Peter, (2008-08-29) I WAS THERE: Marian Shaw. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chm_oh/id/112
- MLA citation style
- Shaw, Marian, Alter, Peter. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chm_oh/id/112>.