Lincoln-Douglas Memorial, Washington Park, Quincy, Illinois
- View Full Item
Excerpts from debate by Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas quoted on back of card: Lincoln at Quincy: We have in this nation this element of domestic slavery. We think it is a wrong not confining itself merely to the persons or the states where it exists, but that it is a wrong in its tendency, to say the least, that it extends itself to the existence of the whole nation. Douglas at Quincy: I hold that the people of the slave holding states are ...
Color postcard. Reissue of card originally produced in 1940. Date handwritten on back: June 15, 1951.
C.T. American art
- Contributing Institution
- Eastern Illinois University
- Standardized Rights Statement
- Copyright Not Evaluated:The copyright and related rights status of this Item has not been evaluated. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
- Chicago citation style
- Lincoln-Douglas Memorial, Washington Park, Quincy, Illinois. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/6942. (Accessed November 28, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Lincoln-Douglas Memorial, Washington Park, Quincy, Illinois. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/6942
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/6942>.