Sculpture fragment salvaged from Chicago Fire, 1871
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- circa 1870
Two clasped hands made of ceramic with marble core, fused together with mortar, broken from statue at wrists. Ceramic is charred black and chipped in places, exposing core.
- Contributing Institution
- Chicago History Museum
- Artifacts (object genre)
Sculpture (visual works)
Great Fire, Chicago, Ill., 1871
- physical object
- Height: (4.625 in)Width: (5.375 in)Depth: (5.25 in)Marble (rock)Ceramic (material)Mortar (filler)
- © Chicago Historical Society, published on or before 2016, all rights reserved.
For permission to reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use this image, please visit https://images.chicagohistory.org or contact email@example.com.
- Chicago citation style
- Sculpture fragment salvaged from Chicago Fire, 1871. circa 1870. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chm_museum/id/1829. (Accessed November 28, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (circa 1870) Sculpture fragment salvaged from Chicago Fire, 1871. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chm_museum/id/1829
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chm_museum/id/1829>.