Commemorating the Lincoln-Douglas debate, Knox College, 1858-1958 Galesburg, Illinois
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Caption on back of card: On Oct. 7, 1858, on the east lawn of Old Main, Knox College, Galesburg, Illinois, Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas debated issues which led to the Civil War. (McClure's Magazine published this picture of the original debate. Artist: Victor Perard, New York.)
Color postcard. Front of card oriented vertically. Quotes by Douglas and Lincoln below picture on front. Depicts crowd of people assembled to hear debate, with orator on platform in the distance, and building with 'Knox College for Lincoln' banner in background.
Text printed on front of card
- Contributing Institution
- Eastern Illinois University
- Standardized Rights Statement
- Copyright Not Evaluated:The copyright and related rights status of this Item has not been evaluated. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
- Chicago citation style
- Commemorating the Lincoln-Douglas debate, Knox College, 1858-1958 Galesburg, Illinois. 1958. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/3900. (Accessed January 21, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- (1958) Commemorating the Lincoln-Douglas debate, Knox College, 1858-1958 Galesburg, Illinois. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/3900
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/eiu_postc/id/3900>.