Career Day at Arthur Dixon Elementary School
- View Full Item
- Created Date
It was "Career Day" for eighth graders at the Arthur Dixon Elementary School, 8306 S. St. Lawrence Avenue recently with Edwin C. Berry, third from Right, Executive Director of The Chicago Urban League delivering the keynote speech. Welcoming Berry to the program is Marcus Lyles, eighth grade president. Others from left to right are Nina Greene of 8118 Eberhart Avenue, secretary; Mrs. Virginia Powe, eighth grade teacher; Charles E. Keenan, prin...
Bill Berry is welcomed to Arthur Dixon Elementary School by eighth grade president Marcus Lyles, as others look on.
Title and description from news release produced by the Chicago Urban League Community Education Department. Image available as negative.
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Berry, Edwin C., 1910-1987
Civil rights workers
Chicago Urban League
- Chicago (Ill.)
- This image may be used freely, with attribution, for research, study and educational purposes. For permission to publish, distribute, or use this image for any other purpose, please contact Special Collections and University Archives, University of Illinois at Chicago Library, 801 South Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607. Phone: (312) 996-2742; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Library welcomes verifiable information on the people, places, and events depicted.
- Chicago citation style
- Career Day at Arthur Dixon Elementary School. 1969-04-15. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/uic_cul/id/23. (Accessed December 3, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1969-04-15) Career Day at Arthur Dixon Elementary School. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/uic_cul/id/23
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/uic_cul/id/23>.