Kinzie Mansion and Fort Dearborn
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- circa 1900
View of the main branch of the Chicago River with a military structure on the left and a residence on the right. In the foreground is Lake Michigan with two small boats or canoes on the right -- one with a figure seated in it, one with a figure standing nearby on shore. In the background are trees and a cluster of buildings.
- Contributing Institution
- Chicago History Museum
- Visual works (works)
Paintings (visual works)
Oil paintings (visual works)
Kinzie, John, 1763-1828
- physical object
- Unframed Height: 35.9 cm (14 in)Unframed Width: (22 )Frame Height: 45.1 cm (17.75 in)Frame Width: 64.8 cm (25.5 in)Oil paint (paint)CanvasPainting (image-making)
- No known copyright restrictions.
For permission to reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use this image, please visit https://images.chicagohistory.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chicago citation style
- Kinzie Mansion and Fort Dearborn. circa 1900. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chm_museum/id/1669. (Accessed May 13, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- (circa 1900) Kinzie Mansion and Fort Dearborn. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chm_museum/id/1669
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chm_museum/id/1669>.