Bust of William Shakespeare
- View Full Item
White Parian ware bust of Shakespeare. Turned pedestal, bust from chest up, has cloak draped around himself, shirt ties into bow wtih tassels, short hair, beard, moustache. Inscribed into china "J& TB". Similar in style and construction to LIHO 137. H 7 7/8".
Another of Abraham Lincoln's favorite authors. Several small busts are visible on the whatnot in an 1860 drawing of the Lincoln Home Front Parlor.
How we learn about communities
Antebellum Society and the Civil War
American Communities in History
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- Antebellum Springfield, IL
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://media.library.illinois.edu/TDC/ for more information about this project.
- Chicago citation style
- Bust of William Shakespeare. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.library.illinois.edu/items/e507ba80-0d92-0135-23f6-0050569601ca-a. (Accessed January 16, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- Bust of William Shakespeare. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.library.illinois.edu/items/e507ba80-0d92-0135-23f6-0050569601ca-a
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://digital.library.illinois.edu/items/e507ba80-0d92-0135-23f6-0050569601ca-a>.