Large Plain Bottom (L) and Two Dot Two Line (R ) Spindle Whorls (1 of 2)
- View Full Item
(L) Upper surface design is incised consisting of alternating pairs of lines & zig-zag lines. Three circles appear running around the piece, one is 1/4 up from the base and the other two outline the design.
(R ) Dome shaped. Upper surface design resembles a face with a line splitting 2 circles on either side. Circle has the center removed, the other circle is dotted in black.
- Contributing Institution
- Illinois State University
- Tools and Equipment
Textileworking Tools and Equipment
Tools and Equipment (hierarchy name)
Textile working equipment
- physical object
- Illinois State University owns the materials in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology Ethnological Teaching Collection, as well as the copyright to these materials. Images and text on this website may be used, with attribution, for research, study and educational purposes. For permission to publish, distribute, or use any image or text from this website, please contact the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at SociologyAnthropology@IllinoisState.edu.
- Chicago citation style
- Large Plain Bottom (L) and Two Dot Two Line (R ) Spindle Whorls (1 of 2). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.illinoisstate.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15990coll19/id/998. (Accessed October 23, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Large Plain Bottom (L) and Two Dot Two Line (R ) Spindle Whorls (1 of 2). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.illinoisstate.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15990coll19/id/998
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.library.illinoisstate.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15990coll19/id/998>.