- Institution consents to providing metadata for specific collections, by completing the contributor agreement form and returning it to the IDHH Coordinator.
- Institution provides technical information on their digital library system necessary for testing, metadata assessment, and harvest by completing the technical information form and providing it to the harvesting manager and metadata manager.
Test harvesting and metadata assessment
- IDHH determines if metadata is harvestable with OAI-PMH and determines the metadata schema
- IDHH harvests metadata with REPOX test server
- IDHH assesses harvested metadata to check how it conforms with the DPLA’s standards
- IDHH provides metadata assessment to contributor
- Contributor makes required changes and any recommended changes they care to undertake
- Contributor communicates with IDHH that metadata changes have been made and collections are ready for harvest
Harvesting Metadata into Production
- IDHH harvests metadata into REPOX Production server
- Production server performs some automated transformations on metadata
- DPLA harvests metadata
- DPLA Indexes metadata and provides it in catalog
- IDHH will reharvest collections on a quarterly basis, approximately every January, April, July, and October
- Any metadata changes contributors make to collections between harvests will appear in the DPLA catalog after collections are first reharvest by the IDHH and then by the DPLA